Registrations are closed.
NIT-Trichy is located about 22 km from Tiruchurappalli Junction / Central Bus stand on the Trichy-Thanjavur Highway.
The simplest and most economical way to reach NIT-Trichy is by bus. Any city Bus at Tiruchirapalli Junction will take you to the central bus stand. Board Thanjavur bound mofussil or route bus. The journey time from Trichy will be around 40 minutes.
The executive way of reaching NIT-Trichy will be hiring a taxi. Taxis may charge around Rs.400/-
Trichy is connected by road to Chennai (320 km) and to all major towns in South India by regular bus services. Tiruchirapalli is an important junction on the Southern Railway. It connects Chennai, Thanjavur, Madurai, Tuticorin, Tirupati, Rameswaram, Bangalore, Coimbatore, Cochin and Mangalore. It has an International airport and is connected with Chennai (Madras), Singapore, Colombo, Kuwait, Sharjah, Calicut.
Chennai to Trichy 322 km by road.
Approx travel time by Bus 6-7 hrs and by car 5hrs
Bangalore to Trichy 343 Kms By road
Approx Travel time by road 7-8 hrs by bus
Click Here to get a list of trains to Trichy.
for the flight schedules to Trichy.
1. All members of a team should register for accommodation individually.
2. Accommodation will be provided on a sharing basis.
3. To apply for accommodation, please read the instructions carefully and proceed to fill up the online form
4. On completion of the online registration, an acknowledgment mail with your Pragyan ID will be sent to your email.
5. You will be sent a confirmation mail one week prior to Pragyan.
6. Last date for accommodation registration is 24th February 23:59.
7. It is mandatory to bring your college ID card and produce a printout of the confirmation mail when you arrive at NIT, Trichy.
8. All participants who avail the accommodation provided should vacate the rooms provided before 23:59 on 9th March 2014.
1. Female participants are requested to reach the campus before 10.30 pm on the day of arrival.
2. Accommodation charges
Fee: Rs. 100 per day per head (Food not included)
Caution Deposit (refundable) Rs. 200.
3. Hospitality desk will be functioning only from 6th march 2014, 3 pm. Please plan your travel accordingly.
4. Number of days occupied is considered based on a 24 hour basis.
1) From when can I avail my allotted accommodation?
Ans : From 6th March 2014, 3pm onwards
2) What are the documents that I am supposed to bring?
Ans : College ID card, accommodation confirmation printout and the printout of the PR ticket are compulsory.
3) When will my accommodation get confirmed?
Ans : One week prior to Pragyan you will be sent a confirmation mail
4) If my accommodation does not get confirmed can I use the facilities outside the campus?
Ans : Yes, a list of lodges and hotels close to the campus is provided here
. Cost of accommodation and booking of rooms should be beared by participant.
5) Does the accommodation charge include food?
Ans : No but you can make use of the canteens/food stalls available during Pragyan at your own expense.
6) When does accommodation close?
Ans : 9th march 2014, 23:59
7) Can I register for accommodation without registering for PR?
Ans : No, you need a valid PID to register for accommodation
8) When will I get my caution deposit back?
Ans : The caution deposit shall be refunded back at the time of vacating, provided there is no damage to the room or any other college property .
9) What are the accommodation charges?
Ans : Fees : Rs.100/- per day per person
Caution deposit : Rs.200/- per person
10) Can I vacate earlier than the registered date?
Ans : Yes, the money will be refunded accordingly.
11) Does workshop registration entitle accommodation as well?
Ans : No, you need to register separately.
12) Can I cancel accommodation after registering?
Ans : Cancellation is allowed only till 27th February 2014
13) Whom should I approach for accommodation on arrival?
Ans : You have to report at the PR/hospitality desk situated infront of the administrative block.
14) Will accommodation be provided if I arrive late in the night?
Ans : Girls are requested to arrive before 10.30pm.
15) On what basis will accommodation be confirmed?
Ans- Accommodation is provided based on first come first serve basis and nativity of the participant.
For any queries, mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Accomodation is not available.
Try alternate accomodation.
Click here to download the pdf for more details.
For further details contact