It is an Remote Controlled Boat event in which participants compete with their RC Boats on the water track prepared with certain difficulties and barriers.
Prizes worth INR 45,000
Please post your queries related to this event at http://discuss.pragyan.org/t/nfs-aqua-event/59
Participants will be given the full track and they need to complete it in minimum time.
Track will be divided into number of checkpoints and each check point with respect to its difficulty will be rewarded different points. On completion of the particular checkpoint selected by the participant they have to complete it maximum no. of times in given amount of time.
1. If any of the machines starts off before the whistle, the counter would be restarted and the machines will get a second chance. However, if any machine starts off before the whistle for a second time, it will be disqualified.
2.The participants must place their boats at the start/finish line before start of the race.
3. If there is a tie then the respective teams will be given 1 more run.
4.The track will have check points at regular intervals. If a boat tumbles, or halts, or goes off the arena at any point on the track, one of the organizers will lift it up and place it at the nearest checkpoint behind that point, and until then all the stop watches will be paused.
5. A team of strictly 3 members.
6. The team need not consist of members from the same college.
7. There is no restriction on the number of teams from each college.
8. Criteria for Boat:
Length < 20 inches
Width < 7 inches
Voltage < 7v
N < 7000 rpm
The boat has to be controlled by a wireless remote control mechanism throughout the competition.
The boat must not be made from Lego parts, or any ready-made assembly kits.
9. Only dc motor should be used for the power supply.
Participants will be judged according to each round’s mode.
Non Eliminative (But the time taken to complete the track will be counted)
Eliminative (Cummulatively based on Round 1 time taken and Round 2 points)
Construct a RC Boat powered only by a DC electric motor and try finishing each round as fast as possible.
1. Is it maximum of 3 people or strictly a team of 3?
2. Can a team consist of participants from different colleges?
3. Are UG-PG collaboration teams allowed?
4. Is any registration fee required?
5. When will I be intimated if I am selected for the next round?
As soon as the round is completed and evaluation is done, you will be intimated over phone call for the same if qualified.
6. Will any facility for charging our equipment be given at the venue ?
7. Is On-Spot registration available?
Yes, but you will have to get your Pragyan ID first
You can download all the details of NFS Aqua here