Results will be based on point system for both events. The event grading is independent of one another.
Inspection Round will be considered while assigning points. If the specified fabrication is not done, points will be deducted accordingly.
Only Two persons from a team are allowed inside the Track arena.
If two tyres of the car go out of the track, the car should be restored back to the previous check point.
Failure to do the restoration of car on the call of organisers will be disqualified.
Marshal man (from each team) should be conscious not to damage the track while assisting; Damage of the track will lead to disqualification of the team.
Marshal man should assist if and only if the car goes out of the track or the organiser says so.
During the race your car should not touch or be an obstacle to the other car. In case of collision of cars, both the cars should be taken to the nearest check point.
Organiser’s decision is final.
Fixtures will be made based on the outcomes of time trial and no change will be encouraged.
In the event of unexpected power cut during the race, the race will be restarted. Care is taken by the organisers to not to start the race during the obvious timings of power cut.
1 second will be added to the participant's time if one of the wheels crosses the boundary.
Participants meeting fabrication requirements will be awarded 10 points and those who don't meet the criteria may not be allowed for main race however they can compete in the free style event.
If the machine is found unsafe to run on the track, the team would be disqualified from the race. The organizers' decision would be final and binding in this respect.
The vehicles are not allowed to leave any loose parts on any part of the arena. Any vehicle disintegrating during the race would be disqualified.
Teams are not allowed to purposefully damage the machine of the opponent's team. If found doing so on track (while racing), the concerned team will be disqualified.
The teams must adhere to the spirit of healthy competition. The coordinators reserve the right to disqualify any team indulged in misbehaviour.
If any of the machines starts off before the flag is waved, the counter would be restarted and the machines will get a second chance. However, if any machine starts off before the waving of flag (or countdown) for a second time, it will be disqualified. No rematch will be held for the second time.
• The race track will be an off-road dirt track with left & right turns, hairpins, S-shaped curves, bumps and puddles.
• Participants are advised to use proper suspension systems for their machines to endure the bumps.
• A lap is deemed to be completed when the machine completes the entire track & comes back to the starting point.
• The track will have check points at regular intervals. If a machine tumbles, or halts, or goes off the arena at any point on the track, one of the team members is allowed to lift it up and place it at the nearest checkpoint behind that point. The time shall still be running in the meantime.
• Team members are not permitted to touch either their machines or those of their opponents once the race begins (unless there is need to lift the machine as stated in the previous point). The penalty for doing so is disqualification.
• Details about the track will be updated soon.
• The maximum allowed capacity of IC engine to be used is 4.6 cc (i.e. Participants can also use 2.5 cc, 3 cc, 3.5 cc or any other IC engine lower in capacity)..
• There is no restriction on the type of IC engine (either glow or diesel cycle engine), but the engine must have throttle control.
• The percentage of nitro methane should not exceed 20% by volume in the fuel.
• Machine should fit in a box of dimensions 800mm x 600mm x600mm (l x b x h) at any moment of time during the race. The external device which is used to control the machine is not included in the size constraint.
The machine may be roughly classified into structural and functional parts:
Functional parts - Gears, differential gear, engine, springs, shock absorbers, servo motors (non-propulsion purposes only), batteries, wheels, wheel hub are allowed to be used as available in the market.
Structural parts - Chassis, steering mechanism, shock towers, suspension (excluding upper suspension arm, suspension spring and shock absorbers). Particicpants who fabricate these parts will be awarded extra poimts.
• The machine must have an on-board power supply to provide power to any mechanism requiring electric power not exceeding 12V.
• The machine has to be necessarily controlled by a wireless remote control system.
• Participants are required to use a remote control of frequency of band spectrum 2.4 GHz. The above rule is to ensure that there is no frequency clash during the competition and participants are not allowed to use any other remotes with frequency other than 2.4 GHz.(In case of unavailability of remote control(i.e 2.4 GHz) the participants are required to submit their remote in organizers desk and it will returned during respected practise slots and race only, in order to avoid frequency clash)
• An elevated podium will be provided for the control of the machine. The podium will ensure good visibility for the controller.
• A team can consist of a maximum of 5 members. Students from different educational institutes can form a team.
• All students with a valid identity card of their respective educational institutes are eligible to participate in NITTro at Pragyan 2015.