1. Is it maximum of 4 people or strictly a team of 4?
2. Are cross-college teams allowed?
3. Are UG-PG collaboration teams allowed?
4. Is any registration fee required?
5. When will I be intimated if I am selected for the next round?
Around 10 days before Pragyan '15, i.e around 15th February.
6. Any help if we use some particular Softwares ?
No, because we will be needing only the IGES/STEP file from your side
7. Any extra points if we get a fabricated model/ prototype?
NO, this event is for testing only your design skills specifically through computer based softwares.
8. What analysis can we come up with for the models?
Preferably begin with Static Structural analysis and show that it has an optimum Factor of Safety, then go ahead with Dynamic Analysis. In certain cases, Thermal (Static/Transient) can also be done.
9. What if we don't perform any Analysis tests using some software as we aren't knowing any?
It's not at all a problem as it's only going to give you Bonus Points and isn't necessary, just be aware of the critical conditions in which your model might fail and you should be able to convincingly answer the judge the same. Also 'basic analysis' can be carried out 'manually,without any software' and the calculations can be shown in the presentation.
10. Any particular file formats necessary?
Yes, get your
a) model in IGES/STEP format preferably
b) Drawings in .dwg or converted to .pdf.
c) For the analysis carried out using softwares, get pictures and copy them into your powerpoint file(.ppt); manual calculations can be neatly done, scanned and attached to the .ppt file too
d) other photos if any u can get them as .jpg if you aren't uploading them in your .ppt file
e) animation videos can be .mp4/.avi/.3gp and must preferably be linked to your .ppt
f) In case of files apart from .ppt a folder must be submitted well before time of your presentation through a pen drive to the organisers on the event day.