1. Who can participate?
Students from any college can participate.
2. How many entries can one submit?
Only one entry can be submitted per person.
3. Is there any registration fee?
No, there is no registration fee. But you must have registered on the Pragyan website and should possess a Pragyan ID.
4. In what file format should the story be submitted? And what other details must be added?
The story must be submitted as a word document (.doc or .docx) .You must write your Name, Pragyan ID, College name and Contact number in the header of the word document containing your story. The name of the word document must be in following format: Pragyan ID_Title of your story.
5. How do I submit my story?
You should mail your story (as a word document) to the following e-mail ID: email@example.com. And the subject of your mail should be in the following format: Pragyan ID_Title of your story. If you are selected after the 1st round, you must follow these same rules while submitting your entry for the 2nd (Final) round.
6. How will I know if I am selected for the 2nd round?
You will be notified through e-mail within 10 days of the 1st round’s deadline. The deadline for submission of entries for first round is January 31st, 2015.
7. On what grounds can my entry be disqualified?
The entry can be disqualified on the following grounds:
- If the story is much longer than the word limit.
- If you have not mentioned your Name, Pragyan ID, College name and Contact number in the header of the word document containing your story.
- If you don’t stick to either of the themes mentioned.
- If you send your entry beyond the deadline. [Deadline for 1st round is January 31st, 2015 and the deadline for the 2nd (final) round is February 20th, 2015.]
- If the story is found to be plagiarized.
8. Should I come to the NITT campus to attend either of the rounds?
No, you don’t have to come to the campus. The contest is entirely online based.
9. Who will be chosen as the winners for the event?
The best three stories from the final round will be chosen as the winners.
10. How and when will the winners be notified?
The winners will be declared within a week of the 2nd round’s deadline. The deadline for the 2nd round is February 20th, 2015. E-mail and SMS will be sent to the best three writers.
11. How are the winners awarded?
The winners are awarded a certificate of appreciation; and their stories will be published during Pragyan 2015 and in magazines. The details of the magazines will be notified to the winners.
12. Is there any participation certificate?
No. Only the winners are awarded with certificates of appreciation.