Welcome to the world that revels in the victory of solving and admiring the beauty of
complexity. Welcome to Puzzlemania.
The event will assess the lateral and abstract thinking as well as the analytical and problem
solving capacity of the participants. The systematic number puzzles include; Sudoku, Kakuro and
scrambled equations. Word puzzles range from: cryptograms, word searches, missing pairs, word
fragments to riddles.
The Sudokube/Rubik's cube will also be included in Level 2. The Sudokube is a variation of the
Rubik’s Cube, bearing faces with numbers from one to nine instead of colors. The aim is to
solve the Sudoku puzzle on one or more of the sides.
26,27&28th Feb: 10:30 am to 1:00 pm (prelims)
4:30 pm to 5:30 pm (Finals)
Exciting goodies are to be won.
● Puzzlemania will be held in two rounds for 3 days (Day 1, 2 and 3).
● Level 1 will be conducted for the first two days in both, morning and evening shifts,
with each shift of 90 minutes. Level 1 will be an elimination round and its cutoff will depend upon the performance
of the participants.
● Level 2 will have more variety of puzzles along with the Sudokube/Rubik's cube as
mentioned in event description. Level 2 will be held in LHC on Day 3, in the morning for two hours.
1. Partial marking will be given in Sudoku, Kakuro, Str8ts, word searches and missing pair only.
2. Winners will be decided based on the marks scored by participants.
3. In case of a tie, earliest solution will be given preference.
4. For Sudokube/Rubik'c cube in Level 2, partial marking will be there and earliest solution will
be given priority.
5. Final markings in Level 2 will be done based on the overall score in all puzzles including
● Individual participation, No teams.
● In Level 1, question papers will be distributed at desk and participants will have to finish and return it back in time. Time taken to complete and return the papers will be noted, to judge in case of a tie.
● Participants that clear level 1 will be called and informed to attend level 2 ,to be held in LHC.
● Cut off for level 1 will be decided based on the performance of participants.
● Sudokube/Rubik's cube will also be provided in last 20 minutes of Level 2 and its score will have 15% weightage.
● Finally in level 2, top 10 will be given certificates and top 3 will be given prizes/ goodies.
● For deciding the winner in level 2, marks of level 1 will not be considered.
●Event manager's decision is final.
1) What is Puzzlemania?
It is a puzzle game which focuses on assessing the analytical and problem solving skills of the
participants. The types of puzzles involved will be Sudoku, Kakuro, Str8ts, word puzzle,
number puzzles, riddles, etc.
2) When will the event happen?
Please check the schedule for Venue and timings. For further queries contact the event
3) What do I need to bring for the event?
Bring a pen/ pencil for writing your answers on the paper. NIT Trichy students need to give
their Roll No. and others should have their Pragyan’15 ID with.
4) Is this a team event?
No. This is NOT a team event. Individual participation is required. If anyone is caught doing
any malpractice, his/her participation will be cancelled.
5) How to register for Puzzlemania?
On‐spot registration will be done, no prior preregistration required.
6) What is the event format?
It will be held in two rounds. In the first round, question papers will be distributed at desk
and participants have to submit it back in time. Those qualifying will be called for second
round and instructions regarding that will be given.
7) What is Sudokube and how it will be included in PuzzleMania?
Sudokube is a variation of Rubik’s Cube in which the faces have numbers one to nine on the
sides instead of colors. The aim is to solve Sudoku puzzles on one or more of the sides. It will
be included in Level 2 Only. Cubes will be provided and 20 minutes are allotted for solving
and returning it. Faster solution will be given preference. There is no partial marking.
Some links to help you along the way:
Uday kumar : +91 9786214906
Ajay kumar : +91 9095886327
Anurag :+91 7200688915
Email us at : firstname.lastname@example.org
For other details contact :
Pragna : +91 8220285493
For queries, email
Developed by Delta Force.
Designed by NITT-Design Team.