Delta T focuses on the design and construction of innovative and nominal heat exchange devices for implementation in various industries. This time, the event ideas have cooled down. The participants are required to construct a working model of a cooling tower i.e., a specialized direct contact heat exchanger to lower the temperature of water.
Ultimately, it all boils down to the one team which can implement the given problem in any industry present in these times.
26th Feb : 9:30AM TO 3PM
venue-orion G10, G11
PRIZE MONEY:- 25,000 INR
The event will be conducted in two stages:
The participants will have to submit an abstract of the design in the specified format on or before 10 February 2016 to firstname.lastname@example.org . Template of the specified format can be downloaded here.
Shortlisted teams must bring their working models on the day of the event for testing. The model will be put to test and judged based on the judging criteria mentioned.
● Maximum fluid collection capacity (efficiency).
● Minimum temperature after 4 minutes of the working of the model.
● Temperature difference will be calculated.
● The Material of Construction for the design.
● Economic Considerations of the design. MINIMUM FLUID LOSS WILL BE GIVEN IMPORTANCE.
In case of two models showing exactly the same drop in water temperature, preference will be given to the model which shows minimum weight loss and maximum fluid collection capacity.
1. Maximum 3 persons per team.
2. The maximum dimensions for cooling tower are 30cms*30cms*30cms.
3. NO RESTRICTION in usage of material for construction.
4. Quantity of water to be cooled is 750ml.
5. Minimum collection of water at the end of run is 200ml.
6. Residence time in tower is 240 sec.
7. There must be an outlet for drainage/collection.
8. No direct addition of cooling chemicals.
9. Judges decision will be final
1. Is it maximum of 3 people or strictly a team of 3?
It’s a maximum of 3.But no special credit for teams with lesser participants.
2. Are UGPG collaboration teams, cross college teams allowed?
3. Is any registration fee required?
Nope. Except for registration in Pragyan, no special fee is needed.
If there are any queries regarding the problem statement, mail them to email@example.com
To download information regarding DELTA T click the link below:
Other useful links:
For queries, email
Developed by Delta Force.
Designed by NITT-Design Team.