It's a snooker war between you and your opponent. The catch? You would have made the snooker equipments with the materials we provide you, putting together all your engineering knowledge and skills. Play the game against your opponent teams and sweat it out.An intriguing event for someone who aspires to be a hardcore engineer.
Click here to go to the quiz.
- The quiz contains 35 Multiple Choice Single Correct questions, 5 Multiple Choice Multiple Correct Questions and 5 Subjective questions. Total time is 50 minutes.
26th Feb : 9:30am to 5pm
27th Feb : 9:30am to 5pm
28th Feb : 9:30am to 5pm
venue -central workshop
● This is an online round.
● This round may be attempted on February 14th Sunday and 15th Monday
- The quiz can be attemted anytime during these 2 days
● Consists of 45 questions with a mix of subjective and objective questions
● Will test participants basics physics, mechanics, engineering
● Time limit is 50 minutes
● Only 1 submission per team is allowed and
Participants are requested to click the SUBMIT button once they complete the test within the stipulated time. Else the answers will NOT BE RECORDED.
● Those shortlisted from Round 1 will take part in this Round 2.
● This is a design round which will be held on *date*
● Virtual components will be given.
● A computer model or scanned copy/photograph of hand drawn model must be uploaded.
● The design would be of a mechanism to perform a specified task.
● This is the final round of testing, the game.
● The finalist would have to design and fabricate the equipment using the given materials.
● Matches will be conducted between teams.
● The six teams will be divided into two groups, comprising of 3 teams each. League format is carried out and top 2 from each group will be the semifinalists. Winners of semifinals play the final, and the losers of SF will play a game for the third place.
• Design skills
• Fabrication skills
• Time management • Effective utilization of materials provided
• Team work
● Maximum team size: 4; minimum: 3
● Total number of finalists selected is 6 teams.
● Construction materials and tools will be given on the spot. The game begins on the final day. The teams must have fabricated the equipment by then. ● Problem statement will be issued on the teams’ arrival to the campus.
● Event Managers' decision is final. Teams must abide by the rules and conduct of the workshop.
1. What should be the team size?
3‐4 per team.
2. Is there any registration fee?
3. What all will we be provided with?
Not food. Definitely not. But you’ll be provided with the standard tools in the workshop. And the materials that you would need to design your equipment.
4. Is it for UG/PG/PhD?
Any team with its team members having valid Pragyan IDs can participate. The team needs to pass the initial online round, and needs to retain its members till the final round, failing which the team will be disqualified.
PRIZES WORTH INR 15,000!
To download information regarding JUNKYARD WARS click the link below :
Sai Aravindh Ravi - 9840950476
Yogesh Kumar C - 9445755553
Karthik Sundaram - 8056022225
Dr. D. Lenin Singaravelu
Department of Production Engineering
Coming up Soon!!!
For queries, email
Developed by Delta Force.
Designed by NITT-Design Team.