“Faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death” – Hunter S. Thompson
Let your racing abilities go wild!
If you ever wanted a platform to showcase your talents in building and racing Remote Controlled Boats, then this is your time to shine.
Compete in a water track obstacle course designed to bring out the best in your engineering abilities. This is NFS Aqua!
27th Feb : 9:30AM TO 5PM
28th Feb : 9:30AM TO 5PM
Prize Money:- 45000 INR
Round 1: Non-Eliminating
Participants will be given the full track and they need to complete it in minimum time and speed test.
Round 2: Eliminating
Track will be divided into 4 check points; and each check point, with respect to its difficulty, will be awarded with different points. On completion of the particular check point selected by the participant, they have to complete it maximum number of times in given time.
Round 3: Surprise
The details of this round will be disclosed after the second round.
Non-Eliminative (But the time taken to complete the track will be counted)
Maximum number of checkpoints covered.
Eliminative (Cumulatively based on Round 1 time taken and Round 2 points)
Round 3: Finale
1. If any of the machine(s) start off before the whistle blows, the counter will be restarted and the machine(s) will get a second chance. However, if any machine starts off before the whistle for a second time, it will be disqualified.
2. The participants must place their boats at the start/finish line before start of the race.
3. If there is a tie then the respective teams will be given one more run.
4. The track will have check points at regular intervals. If a boat tumbles, or halts, or goes off the arena at any point on the track, one of the organizers will lift it up and place it at the nearest checkpoint behind that point, and until then all the stop watches will be paused.
5. The top 12 teams with least time from the qualifying rounds will make it to the next round.
6. A maximum of 3 members are allowed in each team.
7. The team need not consist of members from the same college.
8. There is no restriction on the number of teams from each college.
9. Criteria for Boat:
Length < 20 inches
Width < 7 inches
Voltage < 8v
N < 8000rpm
Q1. Is it a maximum of 3 people or strictly a team of 3?
A: Strictly 3
Q2. Can a team consist of participants from different colleges?
Q3. Are UG-PG collaboration teams allowed?
Q4. Is there any registration fee?
Q5. When will I be intimated if I am selected for the next round?
A: As soon as the round is completed and evaluation is done, you will be intimated over phone call for the same if qualified.
Q6. Will any facility for charging our equipment be given at the venue ?
Q7. Are On-Spot registrations allowed?
A: Yes, but you will have to get your Pragyan ID first
To download information regarding NFS AQUA click the link below:
Dr. K. R. Balasubramanian
Department of Mechanical Engineering
For queries, email
Developed by Delta Force.
Designed by NITT-Design Team.