"The comfort zone is the great enemy to creativity; moving beyond it necessitates intuition, which in turn configures new perspectives."
The right side of your brain needs to be put at work. Combine it with your designing skills and deliver the 3D model of a product suitable to the given problem.
26th Feb: 9:30am to 2pm
venue - LH4
PRIZE MONEY:- 30,000 INR
- Online abstract submission round
- All interested participants need to submit the abstract on any one of the problem statements provided giving details on the design and mechanism used.
- The abstract should be submitted on (or) before 14th February to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The template of the abstract can be downloaded here.
- 3D design and model submission and presentation
- Participants can make simulations and animations to describe their model which carries extra points
- They should make any static or dynamic analysis to ensure its safety.
- The participants need to present their design before the judges on the day of Pragyan.
- Any modelling software can be used.
Detailing and Level of usage of the provisions available in the software.
Creativity and Ideas implemented in the model.
Feasibility and Marketability of the model.
Simulations and Analysis carried out on the model if any.
Presentation for the model for the judges: focusing on working/ material used/ cost effectiveness.
1. Maximum 3 members in a team
2. Change of problem statement is not allowed after abstract submission.
1. Is it maximum of 3 people or strictly a team of 3?
2. Are cross college teams allowed?
3. Are UGPG collaboration teams allowed?
4. Is any registration fee required?
5. When will I be intimated if I am selected for the next round?
Around 10 days before Pragyan '16
6. Any help if we use some particular Soft wares?
No, because we will be needing only the IGES/STEP file from your side.
7. Any extra points if we get a fabricated model/ prototype?
NO, this event is for testing only your design skills specifically through computer based soft wares.
8. What analysis can we come up with for the models?
Preferably begin with Static Structural analysis and show that it has an optimum Factor of Safety, then go ahead with Dynamic Analysis. In certain cases, Thermal (Static/Transient) can also be done.
9. Is analysis of the model compulsory?
10. Any particular file formats necessary?
Yes, get your
a) Model in IGES/STEP format preferably
b) Drawings in .dwg or converted to .pdf.
c) For the analysis carried out using soft wares, get pictures and copy them into your power point file (.ppt); manual calculations can be neatly done, scanned and attached to the
.ppt file too.
d) Other photos if any u can get them as .jpg if you aren't uploading them in your .ppt file.
e) Animation videos can be .mp4/.avi/.3gp and must preferably be linked to your .ppt file.
f) In case of files apart from .ppt a folder must be submitted well before time of your presentation through a pen drive to the organizers on the event day.
To download information regarding PDC click the link below:
Other useful links:
Creo tutorials-You Tube (https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLgh-maHw9pPc557b-dHMZ43dkTMAY5AKR)
Apart from these links, go to the HELP section of your software and practice examples,option wise. Use HELP Files in any CAD Softwares like SolidWorks/Catia/PTC Creo/Pro E, etc.
Go to the official websites of any of these softwares and post in your doubts at the help sections available.
Abhinash M - +91 9944955980
Anish T - +91 8220329927
Vignesh SG:- +91 9497866598
1. ALTERNATE PROPULSION METHOD FOR BICYCLES
Participants need to design an alternate mechanical propulsion method for bicycles without the use of any external power usage like electric motors etc….
2. COMPACT CUSTOMISABLE DINING TABLE
3. Convertible Car Mechanism
Participants need to design an innovative mechanism for a changing a closed roof of car to open roof.
For queries, email
Developed by Delta Force.
Designed by NITT-Design Team.