Get ready for an aero-modelling extravaganza as the platform is set for you to compete with skilled aero-modellers from all over the country. All you need to do is to design and fabricate a multi-rotor, whose speed, maneuverability and design will be tested along with your handling of it on various tracks.
27th Feb : 9:30am to 5pm
28th Feb : 9:30am to 5pm
venue -indoor stadium
Prizes worth INR 70000
The event will be conducted in two stages:
ROUND 1 - 8 Polygons will be marked in the arena as 8 check points, the participant should take off from 1st polygon, and should go through 2, 3… and 8th polygon to finish the round in sequence
ROUND 2 - Manoeuvring skills in a track consisting of bends, loops, 3D hollow objects placed in random sequence will be tested
NOTE :Transmitters will be provided for participants
- Drone has to go through 1,2,…,8 concentric polygonic check points in the arena
- Maximum 230 points, for the first round (160+70)
- If the centre of the drone lies inside the inner polygon,20 points will be awarded
- If the centre of the drone lies between inner and outer polygons,10 points will be awarded
- If the centre of the drone lies between outer polygon and the boundary around the check point , no points will be awarded
- If the drone lands anywhere else other than the mentioned places above, 5 points will be deducted
- If the drones touches the ground (not on the check points), it will be considered as an attempt to land and 5 points will be deducted for the successive checkpoint as penalty , he can skip it and can go for next checkpoint in that case
- A drone must land at a minimum of 5 check points out of 8
- Piloting will be done from a circle of diameter 1 metre around which all the checking points are located
Check point will be like this, polygons might vary in the event, and this is just for your understanding
- Hitting any obstacle in the track will cause a penalty of 5 points
- If the drone moves outside the track 5 points will be deducted as penalty
- Flight Time will be noted (T in sec)
- The pilot can move around the arena/track for better view on drone
- Best of two trails will be considered based on Normalized Points
- Cumulative normalized points secured in each round will be considered for deciding the winners
- First round
- 6 Seconds are equalized to 1 point
- Normalized Points (NP) = Points scored +(7*60-T)/6
- T(sec) is the time taken by the participant to finish the round
- 5 points will be deducted as penalty each time a drone touches the ground outside the boundary of a checkpoint
- Total score in the round = Normalized Points - Penalty points
- Second round
- 2 seconds are equalized to 1 point
- Normalized points(NP) = (7*60-T)/2
- 5 points will be deducted each time the drone goes outside the track / hit an obstacle
- Total score in the round =Normalized points - Penalty points
- Total score in the event= sum of final scores in each round
- Maximum score possible= 230+210 = 440
- Drone should fit in a box of 60x60x30 cm
- Drone should be powered /propelled with Non-hydrocarbon engines
- Pre-built frames can be used
- Drones include Tricopter,Quadcopter,Hexacopter etc.,
- Teams with Ready to fly (RTF) models will be disqualified, however pre-programmed boards is optional.
- FPV, GPS or any kind of automated modules are not allowed
- No restriction on material used in making the drone except propellers should be non-metallic.
Eligibility and Teams:
- Students from any college/university can participate with valid Identity card
- A team can have a minimum of 2 and maximum of 5 students
- Inter college teams are allowed
- Any number of teams from a college can participate
- One participant cannot be a part of two teams
- Only 2 attempts will be given for a team in 1st and 3rd round,
- Only 1 attempt will be given for a team in 2nd round
- Only one member should pilot the drone in one particular round throughout ( however pilots can be changed for other rounds )
- Best of two trails will be considered, Normalized Points (NP=time+ points)
- Flight time is the time taken by the drone to finish the respective round
- A maximum time of 7 min will be given for 1st and 3rd rounds
- The drone should be on the ground at starting point before the round starts
- The timer will start from the moment the multirotor starts
- Time will be considered till the drone lands on the 8th check point
- Each team must have its own model. Exchanging of models is not allowed however components like battery, receiver, transmitter can be exchanged
- A team can use only one model throughout the event in all the rounds.
- Organizers decision will be final
- Two sockets will be provided for each team at the event
- Team members are expected to bring their own battery chargers
- Organisers will not provide any component
- Certificate of excellence will be awarded to the top 2 teams
- Certificate of participation will be awarded for the participants
- Is abstract submission compulsory?
Yes , It is to know your progress and to help you if you are facing any problem with your fabrication
- Should the same model/drone be used in all rounds?
- Are there any restrictions on weight of the drone?
Yes, Drone can weigh a maximum of 2.8 kilos including battery and receiver
- Is the use of provided transmitter compulsary?
Absolutely not. Transmitters are provided only for the benefit of the participants not for any regulations.
Participants are welcome to use their own transmitter.
- Will any other component be provided from our side?
No. Transmitter alonewill be provided for the teams who require it.
YouTube Video Links
Quadcopter - http://bit.ly/1ZC3dno
Tricopter - http://bit.ly/1MHkemI
Hexacopter - http://bit.ly/1SmOM4t
Online stores for buying components
To download information regarding QUADCOMBAT, click the link below:
Bojanapu Manikanta +91 9600930229
Chinnu +91 9488624067
Vignesh SG +91 9497866598
Design and fabricate a wireless RC flying platform that will tend to the needs and accomodate the requirements of various rounds in this event
For queries, email
Developed by Delta Force.
Designed by NITT-Design Team.