Problem statement will be given on spot at the day of the event.
1) What does a full subtractor require for implementation?
2) What type of feedback is used in sequential circuits?
3)What type of components are used in SRAM and DRAM?
4)What are Mealy and Moore mach?
1) Design a 4-bit serial in-parallel out shift register using D flip-flops. Assume a common clock is available. The output of shift register should be given as input to a combinational circuit that produces a logic high when inputs to it are 1001 or 1100 or 0010 and a logic low for all other inputs. Highlight all major connections and draw a legible diagram.
2) Design a synchronous MOD-6 counter. Highlight all major connections and draw a legible diagram.
1) A number is to be displayed on a seven segment LED display. Its inputs are a, b, c, d, e, f and g. The first three inputs (i.e a, b, c) are to be obtained from task 1 and the next four inputs are to be obtained from task 2.
The inputs a, b, c are transferred serially (synchronously). The bit ‘c’ is transferred first followed by bits ‘b’ and ‘a’. The clock and data pulses transferred through the LED lights have to be received and taken as inputs. These need to be stored in a register and then be connected to the seven segment display appropriately.
Obtain the RPM of the motor in binary format. These will correspond to the last four bits (d, e, f, g) of seven segment display. The MSB is the ‘d’ bit and LSB is the ‘g’ bit. The binary format obtained will be of four bits at most.