Gear up for the ultimate showdown of RC hovercrafts! Bring out the engineer in you, as you design your own hovercraft, and test it for speed, maneuverability and handling on various terrains like sand, water and gravel.
CASH PRIZE - INR 40000
Schedule: 10 am to 5 pm -- March 3rd and March 4th 2017.
The event consists of two rounds :
Round 1: Testing
This round requires the participants to drive their hovercraft around the given track of about 8 metres length. The width of the track will be around 1.5m.
The teams will be given only ONE attempt.
Round 2: Manoeuvrability
This round requires the participants to manoeuvre their hovercrafts around the given track.
The teams will be given a maximum of TWO attempts.
Teams have to aim for the best lap times. The lap time will be calculated as follows: Lap time = actual time taken to complete the track.
There will be 3 checkpoints in all.
Crossing each check point awards the team a set number of points.
The total points are cumulative that is: if a contestant crosses only 1st (50 points) & 2nd (100 points) checkpoints the total number of points he/she earns is 150 points.
● Team should comprise of not more than 5 participants.
● There is no limit on the weight of the craft.
● The use of IC Engines is strictly prohibited.
● Only DC motors are allowed.
● Use of ready-made actuators/motors, remote control units, electronic speed controllers and propellers is allowed.
● Teams should bring their own remote controls, and they must operate at 2.4 GHz. Radios with any other frequency are prohibited for use during the event.
● Ready to use kits and readymade building kits are strictly prohibited.
● Maximum dimensions of the craft should not exceed 50cmX50cmX50cm.
1. Any restrictions on weight of the craft?
There are no restrictions on the weight. However, the dimensions mentioned in the rules must be strictly adhered to.
2. How many people can control the hovercraft?
In a given attempt, only one person can pilot the craft.
3. Will any charging facility be given at the venue?
Charging points will be provided via spike-busters aka surge protectors. LiPo chargers MUST be brought by the participants for the event.
4. Should the model for first and second round be same?
5. Can the remote operate in any frequency?
No, it must operate only at 2.4 GHz.
This video elucidates the basic principles of hovercraft.
This video illustrates the procedure of building a RC hovercraft from scrap materials
The following five videos provides step by step instructions to build, troubleshoot and test a professional RC hovercraft which is capable of maneuvering over a rough terrain
Resources for Fabrication
PDFs containing basic necessary details for fabricating your own Hover Craft can be downloaded by clicking on the links below
Theory of Hovercraft
Fabrication Single Motor Hovercraft
Fabrication Dual Motor Hovercraft
Suggested Links for Buying Components
To design a hovercraft or an ACV (air cushion vehicle) that will be tested for speed, manoeuvrability and handling on various terrains like sand, water and gravel. It requires the participant to build a radio controlled hovercraft that could complete the specified track in the least possible time.
Gokul : +919659518383
Roshan : +917598303346
Ritik Verma : +917786072543
Email us at email@example.com