Are you a stock market enthusiast? Do the words Sensex and Nasdaq mean more to you than just names at the bottom of news channels? At Pragyan 2017, we have the perfect platform for you to test your trading skills, and see if you understand the evolution of trade from barter to modern day stock exchange here at Dalal Street! Grit your teeth, take calculated risks under pressure and become the richest man on the market!
Register now and see if you can become the next Wolf of Dalal Street!
(If you’re new to stock markets, no worries. Resources are provided for you to learn the basics and get going.)
Event starts on 25th February, 2017.
Timings : Starts at 8 pm and ends at 12 am daily.
Visit dalalstreet.pragyan.org to play.
Since there are some technical issues with college WIFI, please use a proxt server/VPN/Browsec to access the site.
CASH PRIZE - INR 20000
● The game play will be spread over a period of 7 days.
● Players buy, sell, trade and mortgage stocks online.
● Constant news updates will be provided to the players to predict the market behaviour.
● Companies release dividends at specific times which are announced in the news.
● A bank will be present, so that users can mortgage stocks.
● Users can trade with the bank as well as with other users.
● A large number of bots will also be competing against the human players to make the market more challenging.
● Trading is facilitated by an electronic exchange running from our servers
Players will be ranked on the basis of their net market value - cash plus stocks worth. Top 3 winners will be awarded the prize money.
● All players are given a fixed amount of cash when they start.
● Players make/lose money by trading stocks at the exchange.
● Players get to predict the market behaviour by the constant news feed.
● The market will often swing wildly - keep a keen eye on the news.
● A constantly updated market depth will be shown for each stock to help players decide what other players think of that stock.
1. What is a trade? How can I trade?
Trade is done at the stock exchange. You buy company stock from the stocks in exchange. You enter the amount of stock you want to buy from the company and click on Trade for a successful trade.
2. How can I buy stocks from other players?
You can buy stocks by giving a ‘Bid’ order for the particular stock. Only when your ‘Bid’ is successful you will receive the stock. You are permitted to negotiate for the same stock by sending another bid.
3. How can I sell stocks to other players?
You can sell stocks by giving an ‘Ask’ order for the particular stock. Only when your ‘Ask’ is successful will you receive the money. Although you can negotiate for the same stock by sending another ‘Ask’ order.
4. What are the types of orders supported by Dalal Street’s exchange?
We support Limit, Market and Stop Loss orders. If you’re not sure what these terms mean, worry not. We have provided resources for you to familiarize yourself with these terms. If you’re too lazy for, that’s fine too. They’ll become clear as you play the Beta round.
5. Who can participate in Dalal Street?
Anyone with a valid Pragyan ID can participate. If you don’t have a Pragyan ID, then register on the Pragyan site. It won’t take more than 2 minutes.
6. What is the role of bots? Who makes the bots?
The bots are present to provide for realistic market fluctuations. They behave like human players - they buy, sell, mortgage stocks following their own strategies. A large number of these, each different from the other, will give the market a randomness factor. Worry not, the bots will not have any advantage over human players - they will take their own sweet time to trade stocks. After all, the prize money is only for the human players. Also, the bots are designed by us and not the participants.
7. Whom to approach in case of technical problems or queries?
You can always contact us through our official Facebook Page or call our managers directly in case of emergency. Every player will be notified in case of technical difficulties within Dalal Dashboard under the notification or alert tab. Further instructions will be put up on our main site.
Investopedia is a great resource to familiarize yourself with stocks. In specific,
http://www.investopedia.com/university/stocks/ provides a good introduction.
Learn about types of orders here: http://www.investopedia.com/university/intro-to-order-types/
Learn more about market depth here: http://www.futuresmag.com/2014/04/30/trading-market-depth
Learn about dividends here: http://www.investopedia.com/university/introduction-to-dividends/
Other than these, Google is your best friend.
Player has to amass maximum wealth by trading.The players’ stock and cash in hand will be considered as total wealth.
Parth Thakkar - 9566260576
Lasya - 9677620812
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org